Assistant Camp Director
SBCC Day Camp is seeking an experienced, energetic and responsible Assistant Camp Director. The Assistant Camp Director assists in directing all aspects of SBCC Day Camp daily operations, planning and implementation.This position involves independent work as well as being an effective member of the team. The Assistant Director assists in staff management, curriculum planning and implementation as well as implementing regulations of health/safety management for daily compliance. It is expected that the Assistant Director collaborates alongside the Director and Camp Committee to ensure the camp’s philosophy, traditions, and vision are upheld at all times.
$18-21 per hour
25 hours per week (8 weeks)
25 hours of pre-camp prep time
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in overseeing the daily operation of the camp
- Collaborate with Director in staff management
- Assist in the design and implementation of camp programming needs that meet the interests of the camp’s population.
- Assist in clerical duties aligned with camp registrations and employee documentation
- Become familiar with MA Department of Public Health Section 105 CMR 430.00 Minimum Standards for recreational camps for children to ensure daily compliance.
- Assist in implementation of crisis and risk management procedures
- Collaborate with Director and Health Supervisor to ensure all campers medical needs and safety measures are met and implemented
- Lead and/or assist activities involved in camp programming
- Attends all training and staff meetings before and during the camp season
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Valid certification or ability to be certified in First Aid/CPR
- 4+ years in a camp, childcare, education or similar youth based setting working with children ages 5-13
- Effective communicator among staff, campers and SBCC community.
- Ability to work independently; manage multiple priorities, creatively solve problems, and foster a positive environment.
- Ability to work within a budget and purchase supplies efficiently
- Must submit health history record, examination form and record of immunizations
To apply, contact the SBCC Day Camp Director, email@example.com, to express your interest in this position and receive further instruction.