Summer Staff Employment
Our staff is made up primarily of high school and college students. Many were once campers at the SBCC Day Camp themselves, which gives our camp a great sense of tradition and continuity. All staff are chosen for their maturity, commitment to children’s growth and a love of the camp community. All counselors have completed orientation, training, and CPR certification before the campers arrive.
Summer Employment Positions Available
We are now accepting applications for the position of Art Director. The Art Director will be at camp 1 day per week for all 8 weeks of camp beginning on week of 6/24/19. Total paid hours per week is 5.5 hours, comprised of 3 hours of direct art (and crafts) instruction to campers divided into 45 minute sessions with groups by age (5&6, 7&8, 9&10, 11-13). Additional time is for prep, planning, organization of supplies, and clean-up.
Please contact Kelly Fennell at KFennell31@gmail.com for more information or to apply.
- Accepting applications from those entering 11th grade through college.
- Must have minimum 4 weeks experience in a position supervising young children, preferably in a day camp setting.
- Priority given to candidate making close to a full time (all camp weeks) commitment.
- Priority given to previous Sagamore Beach Colony Club campers and other criteria as determined by the camp committee.
Counselors in Training (CIT)*:
- Applicants must be (minimally) entering 10th grade.
- This is a FREE training program preparing candidates for a future role of camp counselor.
- Participation in SBCC CIT program does not guarantee future paid employment at this camp.
*Change in eligibility criteria for summer 2019
Click on the link at the bottom of the page to start the staff application process.
Staff Selection Process
Applications that are received by March 1st will be considered in the first round of the selection process. Hiring may continue through the spring, but many positions will be filled from the first round of applicants.
References are not required if an applicant was a counselor, a CIT or a substitute counselor last year. All other applications must have three (3) references included. For references, we are requesting that they be people who have seen/hired you to work, preferably with children. We would prefer no relatives, if possible.
All participants must be going into junior year of high school in the fall or older to be considered for a paid summer position. CIT’s must be going into sophomore year or higher of high school in the fall. All Staff must be CPR and First Aid certified. Training will be provided to all staff prior to start of camp, if needed.
Contracts will start to be offered starting in late March and may continue through the spring, if necessary.
Hiring staff for the summer takes a lot of time due to the volume of applications and the screening and interviewing process. If you face a time limit with another position, please let us know.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Kelly Fennell at email@example.com.
APPLY NOW online